[visionlist] Assistant Professor Opening in Computer Vision or Computational Imaging/Photography at RITPosted: December 9, 2016
RIT Seeks Assistant Professor of Computer Vision – Computational Imaging/Photography
The Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites candidates to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Imagining Science position. We are seeking candidates with research expertise in the field of computer vision, machine vision, or computational imaging/photography. Preference will be given to candidates whose research programs complement or extend the existing and well-established expertise within the Center including multi-view geometry, ancient document restoration, astronomical and planetary imaging, biomedical imaging and visualization, computational imaging, micro- and nano-scale imaging, remote sensing, human vision, machine learning, scene understanding, and end-to-end hardware/software imaging systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to advise B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. students, teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in the core imaging science curriculum, offer elective courses in the candidate’s area of research, and develop an externally funded research program. More information on the activities of the Center can be found at http://www.cis.rit.edu.
• A recently earned doctoral degree (Ph.D. or international equivalent) by the hire date (expected to be August 15, 2017)
• A record of refereed scholarly publication in computer vision, machine vision, or computational imaging/photography
• The ability to teach CIS core courses related to image processing, computer vision or scientific computing
• The ability to teach elective courses in their field of expertise at the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Potential to obtain external research funding
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://ift.tt/2giRWbA
Submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter addressing the required qualifications, your research and teaching interests, the names and email addresses for three references, and a contribution to diversity statement.
Contact the search committee with questions on the position at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found. Application materials will be accepted through 1/17/2017.
RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientations, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.