[visionlist] Postdoctoral research position in action/event recognition using deep learning (I2R, Singapore)Posted: February 26, 2017
We are seeking an exceptional postdoctoral researcher to work on action/event recognition. The candidate will use deep learning techniques to tackle novel problems, going beyond
simple category labels to the hierarchical structure of temporally-extended actions and events. The candidate will work as part of a dynamic and multidiscplinary AI team, comprising scientists with PhDs from MIT, Stanford, CMU, UIUC, etc.
The position is available immediately in Singapore, at the Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR. The project is funded by a grant jointly awarded to Dr. Cheston Tan and Prof. Lior Wolf of Tel Aviv University, whose world-class work includes the DeepFace
project with Facebook.
Candidates must have a PhD in computer science or related fields. Strong programming and quantitative skills are required. Candidates must be proficient in spoken and written English.
The appointment will be for 1-3 years (possibly with extension), with internationally-competitive salaries and benefits. Other benefits include:
– Opportunities for research attachments with Prof. Lior Wolf at Tel Aviv University
– Funding for international conferences and training courses
– Collaboration opportunities with excellent network of international scientists (at MIT, Stanford, UIUC and elsewhere)
Interested candidates should send a CV, brief statement of research interests and three references to Dr. Cheston Tan (email@example.com)
Position will be open until filled; send applications sooner rather than later if interested.
– Dr. Cheston Tan: http://ift.tt/1Khqgxa
– Institute for Infocomm Research: http://ift.tt/1mLPCHL
– Working in Singapore: http://ift.tt/2lUUSQj