[visionlist] Research fellow position in Cognitive Neuroscience at NTU SingaporePosted: May 5, 2017
I am looking for a young researcher with interests in investigating the mechanisms underlying touch and/or blindness. I would
appreciate if you forwarded this email to anyone who is suitable for and may be interested in this position.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore is ranked 13th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the worldâ€™s best young
universities. Touch Lab, which is launched by Ryo Kitada this year, will conduct cognitive neuroscience researches on (1) haptic object processing (e.g., material perception, learning, illusions, touch-related languages, affective touch and social touch) (2)
the impact of sensory loss (e.g., blindness) and mental disorders and (3) possible engineering and medical applications. The successful candidates will conduct psychophysical and functional MRI experiments one or two of these topics at NTU and the National
Institute for Physiological Sciences Japan.
1. PhD degree in cognitive neuroscience, engineering or psychology.
2. Hands-on experience with behavioral and/or neuroimaging experiments. Skills in statistics are required. Experience with
neuroimaging analysis, programming and machine learning are preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
4. Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with other lab members as a team
5. Capacity to write manuscripts
1. Conceptualize and design experiments to perform cutting edge research to uncover new aspects of haptics
2. Analyze data with advanced statistical methods
3. Organize and conduct in experiments independently (including preparation, data collection, analysis, interpretation, and
4. Author manuscripts for quality publications in international journals
5. Attend and present at international meetings and collaborate across groups.
The position is initially available for 2 years with possibility of extension. Salary is competitive with the same positions
in the US and Japan (a minimum of 5000 Singapore dollars per month). The position is available from October. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. To apply, please submit the following documents to ryokitada[at]ntu.edu.sg (please replace
[a] with @): a cover letter stating the candidateâ€™s research interests, curriculum vita, reprints, and names and contact details of two referees.
Informal inquiries are welcome. If possible, I will interview candidates at one of the international conferences. For an informal
discussion please contact Dr. Ryo Kitada.
Dr. Ryo KitadaNanyang Associate Professor
Division of Psychology
School of Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
50 Nanyang Avenue Singapore 637332Email: RYOKITADA@ntu.edu.sg
“Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life”Bertolt Brecht (German dramatist and poet, 1898â€“1956)
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.