[visionlist] Job Posting: Sensor Calibration Engineer – Technology Investigation @ ApplePosted: June 20, 2017
Job SummaryThe Technology Investigation team develops and ships core computer vision & machine learning algorithms to production, driving revolutionary future Apple devices. Seamless working of these algorithms requires and is dependent on strong calibration and tight coupling between these sensors. The calibration team in Technology investigation strives to provide a solid foundation of calibrated sensors, with predictable behavior, on which the algorithms frameworks can be built.Key Qualifications
• Expertise in developing, maintaining, testing and calibrating camera sensor
• Experience in calibrating extrinsic’s to other sensor groups or familiarity with other types of camera’s/sensors is preferred
• Work with the algorithm’s team to refine and lock down the calibration requirements for different algorithms
• Experience working with hardware fixtures and test benches to design factory calibration tests
• Familiarity with implementing online calibration algorithms for one or more sensors listed above
• Experience working with data collected from test benches and calibration experiments to devise ingenuous ways to keep sensors in sync
• Design, implement and extend calibration software
• Background in robotics or optics preferred
• Proficiency in Python/Matlab and C++/Objective C/C
DescriptionApple’s Technology investigation team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about creating products for millions of customers around the world. You’ll be working on cutting-edge technology and develop algorithms that enable a high-quality user experience across a range of tentpole use cases and applications. As a part of technology investigation, you will closely collaborate with HW engineers (cameras, silicon, electrical engineering, product design) and other technology investigation software teams (computer graphics, video engineering, data generation/annotation, drivers/OS). You can make a difference by researching and prototyping novel algorithms beyond the state of the art and/or by optimizing the performance of real-time algorithms running on Apple silicon.EducationPhD/MS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optical science or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a proven track record of successful projects.
You can email me or apply on Apple’s jobs page:
Dantam VuSenior Technical RecruiterApple Inc.1 Infinite LoopCupertino, CA 95014Email: dantam@http://ift.tt/2sTBgjv
This Electronic Mail (e-mail) contains confidential and privileged information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is sent. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or telephone.